Portland, OR 97239
I am a health and fitness professional with almost 30 years of experience in the fitness field. I provide personalized training and health coaching and specialize in meeting the unique needs of mature, mid-life and older adults. I provide in-home and virtual training aimed to optimize function, health, fitness, prevention of chronic disease, better management of chronic medical conditions such as but not limited to fibromyalgia, diabetes type 1 and type 2, Parkinson's, osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, balance, and mobility disorders, falls prevention and interventions, stroke, joint replacements, etc.
I have provided health and fitness services for the federal government, in corporate fitness, as an exercise research strength training instructor, consultant for active aging communities, and in 2003 launched Fitness & Function LLC. My company Fitness & Function provides in-home and virtual personal training, health coaching, private physical therapy and related wellness services.
In 2019 Fitness & Function received the "BEST OF PORTLAND AWARD" in the Fitness and Recreational Sports Centers category.
I like to invite you to visit my website https://www.fitnessandfunction.com and meet my team of health and fitness professionals. You can call or email for information on how to get started. (email@example.com or 503-267-1030)
Together with my health and fitness professional team members, Fitness & Function strives to provide excellence in providing in-home and virtual personal training, health coaching, private physical therapy. Wellness services are provided in person in Portland Oregon area, including Beaverton, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Sherwood, Tigard and virtually to clients around the globe.
Certifications and qualifications:
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM):
- ACSM Exercise Physiologist EP
- ACSM/ACS Cancer Exercise Trainer CET
American Council on Exercise (ACE):
- ACE Medical Exercise Specialist
- ACE Personal Trainer
- ACE Health Coach plus the ACE Diabetes Prevention Coaching certificate
Specialties certifications include:
- Parkinson's Exercise 'Delay The Disease' from OhioHealth
Balance, Mobility and Falls Prevention and Intervention Specialty Certifications:
- FallProof Balance and Mobility Specialist' from the Center for Successful Aging at California State University
- ZIBRIO Balance Specialist
- Stepping On Empowering and Reducing Falls in Older Adults, I was sponsored by the Oregon Health Authority. This program has been endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention )CDC)
- Stay Well At Home Program provider. This program was also developed by the Center for Successful Aging at California State University
American Heart Association
- Heartsaver Instructor, I teach first aid, CPR, AED to local businesses and individuals.
- International Council on Active Aging (ICAA): Leadership in Wellness Management certificate (2019)
- Associates degree in Gerontology
I received additional training in Whole Food Plant-Based (WFPB) nutrition including the clinical nutrition program through the Dr. McDougall clinic to better help my clients make a profound impact on their health through diet and lifestyle change.
ACE - Certified Medical Exercise Specialist
Expires: Aug 31, 2023
FallProof - Balance and Mobility Specialist Instructor Certificate - Level 2
ACSM - ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
ACSM - ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer
ANWA - Advanced Instructor
ACE - Certified Health Coach
Expires: Jun 30, 2022
ACE - Certified Personal Trainer
Expires: Nov 30, 2022