Flint, MI 48507
Hi! My name is Dawn... I am a 47-yr old mother of two awsome kids (an 18-yr old daughter and a 5-yr old son), A lifelong fitness enthusiast, and an ISSA-certified fitness trainer. Some of my favorite activities include martial arts, weightlifting, running, street workouts, bicycling, and most of all... running, jumping, and playing in the park with my 5-yr old son!
My philosophy is simply that to achieve optimal health and fitness, to look and feel your best, and to lead a happier, more energetic, and more fulfilling life, one must adopt simple, healthy-lifestyle changes-a few at a time- and make these changes a lifelong commitment. I am also very aware of the many obstacles people often feel they are faced with when trying to reach their goals, as I have had to face many of them myself... things like lack of time, difficulty managing a hectic schedule, living on a budget and/or not having access to a gym or health club facility, and being super busy as a parent to name a few.
Having faced these challenges and being able to successfully overcome them has motivated me as a fitness trainer to reach out to others who face similar challenges. Therefor, I specialize in designing individualized, online fitness training programs that are uniquely created for each of my clients and can easily be done in the comfort and convenience of home, using bodyweight for resistance and/or simple, inexpensive equipment that is easy to use, easy to purchase, and doesn't take up much space.
Because I believe that being healthy and fit, to feel a sense of well-being, and to experience a good quality of life are things everyone should enjoy, as a fitness trainer I am commited to the following:
1. Educating my clients in regards to simple exercise, fitness, and nutrition basics, because I believe knowledge is a major key to success.
2. Providing my clients with helpful online tools that they can use to keep track of workouts, chart their progress, and check in with me.
3. Gathering some basic information about my clients' current level of fitness, the activities they engage in, any unique abilities or special limitations they may have, where they will be working out and what equipment they have access to, and the things that they like and don't like in order to design a realistic workout plan that they will likely stick with.
4. Discussing any obstacles that my clients feel they are facing in regards to adoptng a healthy lifestyle and reaching their goals, and to help them find a way to overcome them.
5. Providing my clients with my unlimited support. I am around 7 days per week and my clients can always contact me by phone, email, or even skype. If I am not immediately available, I respond to all messages as quickly as possible in order to help out with any questions or concerns... or just to provide some motivation and encouragement when needed :)