This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including the effect of music on exercise performance and rep ranges in resistance training programs. This quiz also covers recent news and research on food and nutrition, including strategies for maintaining weight loss and heart disease risk from sugar-sweetened drinks.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in Headlines.
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in Food for Thought.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2020 IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT Quiz: Health and Nutrition News ||Module||(Required)|
Articles included in course
- Stepping and Weight Loss
- New Music and Exercise Research Findings
- Strength Training: Should You Mix It Up?
- America’s Weight Status
- Prehab: A Potential Fit Pro Opportunity?
- Top Strategies for Maintaining Weight Loss
- Start Roughing It for Cancer Protection
- Athletes Who Play Indoor Sports Are at Risk for a Bad D-Fence
- Dieting Your Way into the Lonely Hearts Club
- Take the Bitter with the Sweet
The Pros of Prehab, Exercise and COVID-19, Eating to Curb Anxiety
This is the quiz for the 3rd episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry's first audible CEC program. In this episode, IDEA’s Editor in Chief, Sandy Todd Webster will read you 26 short articles - 12 from our Headlines news section and 14 from our Food for Thought news section.
Research has shown that physical activity increases comprehension, so whether you’re out for a run, working out or just doing the dishes, we encourage you to move, while you listen and learn. Please visit the Listen & Learn Show Page or Listen and Subscribe on: