This quiz discusses evidence-based ways to design a resistance training program for older adults. This quiz also explores basic shoulder mechanics to understand how to enhance your clients’ performance and durability.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss current goals and guidelines for resistance training design for older adults.
- Describe safety concerns and suggestions for training this population.
- Identify the health benefits of resistance training for older adults.
- Identify the rotator cuff and scapulothoracic muscles involved in shoulder function.
- Describe upward rotation of the scapula and identify its importance in shoulder function.
- Plan and implement a basic prehabilitative shoulder program for clients.