This quiz covers the links between a healthy diet and cognitive function, and how to get clients back on track with messages that counteract common food myths.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Name the main potential mechanisms of cognitive improvement from different nutrients.
- Describe the vitamins that improve mental abilities in children and adults.
- Identify components of the Mediterranean diet that improve normal cognition and prevent neurodegenerative diseases.
- Discuss differences in food sources of carbohydrates.
- Identify benefits and limitations of Nutrition Facts labels.
- Explain who might benefit from a gluten-free or wheat-free diet.
|November/December 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Healthy Diets and Cognitive Functions, and Common Food Myths ||Module|