The feature article in this quiz explores how trillions of bacteria, viruses and other microbes dwell within our bodies, affecting our overall health and wellbeing. It presents a look at how these interact.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Define the human microbiome and recognize that genes are often shared between organisms and influenced by environmental factors.
- Describe the healthy human gastrointestinal tract as hosting trillions of microorganisms, most of which are commensal and beneficial.
- Explain how the brain, gut, microbes, diet and environment communicate with each other via multiple pathways.
- Summarize how diet influences the relationship between the gut microbiome and the human host.
- Explain how specific microbes and the metabolites they produce influence health and disease.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July/August 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: How the Human Microbiome Affects Overall Health ||Module|