Get fit without getting hit! Mixed martial arts (MMA) has taken the world by storm. The only problem is that not everyone wants to get literally punched in the face! Experience this exclusive new program and see how you can adapt it for your small–group training program as well as for one–on–one training. Just 10 minutes is all we need to show you why MMA is one of the most demanding sports in the world, with one of the highest caloric burns in sport today. And just in case you're not sold, did we tell you that it's a whole lot of fun and can be done by almost anyone?
By Kevin Kearns
- List the 3 phases of a periodized program for a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) athlete.
- Implement sample exercises into a mainstream fitness program.
- Describe a plan for a combat athlete for a sport-specific workout.
- Summarize the physical benefits of combat style fitness training.
- Name specific exercises used by MMA athletes.
- Compare the caloric loss between MMA training and other athletic training programs.
About the Author
Kevin Kearns IDEA Author/Presenter
Kevin is the founder of Burn with Kearns Fitness, a provider of personal training and group class leader based certifications and workshops. With a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from UMass Boston, he has over 23 experience in the fitness industry and an extensive background in the martial arts. Kevin has produced 6 conditioning DVDs and contributed to Men’s Fitness and Maxim Magazines. He serves as the strength and conditioning coach for numerous professional MMA fighters.
... read more.