WE ARE BAY CLUB!
Bay Club is pioneering the fusion of fitness, hospitality, sports and family leisure. As we expand into the Los Angeles market, we are currently seeking PERSONAL TRAINERS who are passionate about creating an exceptional member experience, to provide fitness solutions to our members.
Our PERSONAL TRAINERS are responsible for designing and monitoring safe, effective and results oriented fitness options, programs and strategies. Our Personal Trainers set the standard of excellence for members through professional knowledge, visible presence, and exceptional fitness expertise.
Bay Club offers you:
Benefits & compensation deserving of an experienced Fitness Professional
Earn full-time benefits @ 25 hours a week.
• Vacation, sick leave, paid holidays
• Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, All-access Club membership, Excellent pay + monthly bonus opportunity*.
• $25 - $58 p/hour
• *Bonus of up to $1,000 per month
• Paid training & certification credits
With multiple opportunities for career advancement, it's a great place to work!
We simply require:
• Friendliness, with a passion for health, wellness, fitness and results.
• Personal Trainer certification from an accredited national certifying organization.
• Personal training experience, preferred. Sales experience, a plus.
• College courses or degree in physical education, kinesiology, or physical therapy may satisfy some experience requirements.
The Bay Club provides a superior customer experience to all our members. We are looking for trainers who specialize in fitness as well as customer service, to complete this exciting transition!
• Demonstrate an approachable, service oriented, friendly, outgoing demeanor at all times and establish solid member relationships.
• Program Design/ Training. Demonstrate and instruct proper use of equipment with regard to muscle stabilization, body alignment and execution.
• Sales/Client Retention. Demonstrate effective sales skills, build membership rapport, and maintain required book-of-business levels.
• Motivation. Exhibit positivity, push, and help motivate clients to achieve desired results
• Continuously circulate throughout the club, spend appropriate time with each member, provide form corrections/spots, answer questions and schedule appointments.
• Respond to member’s questions and schedule appointments.
• Make consistent follow-up calls, review and update workout cards.
• Promote all club services and programs.
• Document member information accurately, neatly, completely and in a timely manner
• Follow company protocol for greeting, goal setting, health history, assessments, program design and documentation.
• Promote, design and instruct proper eating strategies.
• Develop safe and effective exercise programs utilizing progression: programs are consistent with member’s goal and needs.
• Demonstrate and instruct proper use of equipment with regard to muscle stabilization, body alignment and execution.
• Give clear, concise instruction before and during activity.
• Consistently demonstrate a sales through service philosophy.
• Demonstrate effective sales skills by determining wants and needs. Build rapport and customize sales presentation.
• Take a proactive approach to client retention by developing solid relationships and servicing each member above and beyond expectations.
• Maintain fitness area in a clean and orderly fashion by racking dumbbells, barbells and plates; picking up towels, newspapers and trash.
• Report any unsafe or hazardous conditions observed in the club including equipment (especially cables), carpet, mirrors, etc.
• Incorporate safety awareness into daily activities.
• Complete paperwork in a accurate and timely manner.
• Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must have at least one NCCA accredited national certification as a personal trainer, strength and conditioning specialist or fitness instructor, or a bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field. Specialty designation, preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in fitness assessments and program design.
• High level of energy and enthusiasm, and results oriented.
• Current CPR certification.
The Bay Club Company (TBCC) is an equal opportunity employer who employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or any basis prohibited by law. Our business supports a drug free work environment, which may require pre-employment drug screening. We also conduct thorough background investigations and as required by law, employment is also contingent upon providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
• Personal training experience, preferred
• Sales experience, a plus