No, it’s not what you think! This workshop is about time management in the gym. You’ve heard it before“ “I don't have enough time to work out!” Well, we know with all the HIIT protocols today you don’t need to spend hours at the gym in order to achieve results. Chock full of great ideas, this session will provide you with four different 30 minute cardio, strength HIIT workouts using nothing but body weight. So next time you go to the gym, we suggest you BYOB!
- Summarize the planar training approach and outline exercises for each.
- Outline loading and exploding principles essential for safe and effective bodyweight training and program design.
- Define the benefits of high intensity interval training (HIIT) and review different protocols.
- Discuss excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC).
- Identify key cues and regressions/progressions necessary for excellence in exercise instruction.
- Create exercises for four different 30-minute body weight HIIT workouts.
About the Author
Lynne Skilton-Hayes IDEA Author/Presenter
Lynne Skilton-Hayes is the Fitness Program Supervisor at the University of Guelph where she is responsible for hundreds of programs for students, faculty, staff and community. She is a canfitpro and ACE certified group fitness instructor and master personal trainer. Lynne holds a B.SC. degree and brings over 20 years of education and experience to the fitness industry. She is an International Fitness Presenter/Educator, a canfitpro ProTrainer and a master trainer for Bender Ball. Lynne has done work for television and print.
... read more.