This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including the dangers of unhealthy eating, unexpected sources of hidden salt and the benefits of batch-cooking meals for the work week. Also included is an article that explores how soy products contain compounds called phytoestro¬gens, which provide a wealth of health benefits—and a few potential risks.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Name plants rich in isoflavones and distinguish soy foods commonly consumed in Asia from soy products consumed in the U.S. and Europe.
- Identify diseases that can potentially be prevented or improved by phytoestrogens, according to recent epidemiological and clinical studies.
- Summarize the beneficial effects of isoflavones on human skin.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Food and Nutrition News ||Module|