This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of mind-body-spirit topics, including the effects of meditation on insomnia, the power of laughter, and mapping emotions in the body. Also included is an article discussing whether yoga and Pilates are right for clients with low bone density. This article gives specific suggestions for supplementing a Pilates program, as well as tips for designing a safe yoga program.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Design safe Pilates and yoga programs for clients with osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Carry out simple screening tests to identify clients who may have low bone mineral density.
- Educate clients on precautions they should take to prevent fractures in exercise programs and daily living activities.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body News, and The Best Exercises for Keeping Bones Strong ||Module|