The fat you can’t see might be even more deadly than the muffin top hanging over your jeans. In this continuing education quiz, discover the dangers of the fat hidden deep in the belly surrounding vital organs. Read all about the benefits of chickpeas and satisfy your curry craving in a simple, delicious way with roasted curried cauliflower. Learn that as the economy slumps, health experts expect more Americans to develop paunchy guts and bigger butts by packing on “recession pounds.” Plunging personal earnings leads to tighter spending; many people ditch their gym memberships and buy fewer fresh fruits, vegetables, fish and low-fat meats in favor of cheaper edibles loaded with sugar and fat. Take this quiz and learn how to help your clients maintain healthy, nutritious habits on austerity budgets.
After reading these articles, readers should be able to:
- After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe the interplay of economics, biology and genetics in the etiology of recession pounds.
- List and explain three cost-conscious strategic grocery-shopping tips that encourage consumption of nutritious foods.
- Describe how fitness clubs can appeal to consumers during hard economic times.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Nutrition and Maintaining Healthy Habits on Limited Budgets ||Module|