Let's face it, most trainers have experienced that ONE client who remains resistant to change no matter how many ways you've tried to influence their behavior. In order to effect change in your clients, you first need to know how the world occurs to them. This course is about elevating your ability to inspire. Learn valuable techniques you can use to overcome client resistance by implementing specific coaching methods that are sure to drive more confidence, and by extension, better compliance.
- Outline the link between behavior and biochemistry, and offer strategies for controlling the behaviors through environmental manipulation.
- Develop strategies to lead clients to the successful attainment of their goals through the implementation of small successive commitments.
- Discern why clients often fail to keep commitments, and develop a coaching strategy to help resolve these inconsistencies.
- Identify the automatic negative thoughts that become apparent through a client’s conversations, then reframe the client’s setbacks, disappointments and responses.
- Point out the conflicts between goals and values, and offer clients strategies to resolve the conflicts.
- Access coaching tools designed to assess and elevate a client's confidence, and help the client self-select necessary behavior changes.
|Promote Behavior Change With Better Coaching ||Module|
About the Author
Bobby Cappuccio IDEA Author/Presenter
Robert Cappuccio is a co-founder of PTA-Global, an international personal trainer education company. Formerly the director of professional development for the National Academy of Sports Medicine, Robert has written articles for several fitness publications, been a contributing author of two textbooks and has been a keynote speaker for leading industry conferences.
... read more.