This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including new research on walking speed, the optimal amount of exercise for health and the health risks associated with lack of sleep. Also included is an article that outlines how to avoid the pitfalls of assessing clients’ risk of cardiovascular disease.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Discuss the three main factors of the ACSM recommendations for pre-exercise health screenings.
- Explain why the cardiovascular disease risk-profiling tool is no longer included in ACSM recommendations for exercise preparticipation health screening.
- Discuss known facts about the safety of exercise.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|October 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Assessing Clients' Risk of Cardiovascular Disease ||Module|