Men are more likely to die from cardiovascular disease and cancer, and in general have a shorter lifespan then women. It is important for fitness professionals to have a scientific understanding of male-specific health challenges. Learn how you can help your male clientele prevent and overcome common health challenges.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the findings of the studies reviewed in the context of their practical applications for fitness professionals.
- Describe, in general terms, the symptoms and causes of andropause syndrome/male menopause.
- Identify how exercise improves some markers of prostate health and heart health in men.
- List some current topics of interest in men’s nutrition.
- Understand the limitations of drawing definitive conclusions based on isolated studies, and identify when to refer clients for advanced professional help.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|October 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Male-Centric Wellness Issues ||Module|