After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain and describe what a meal replacement is and how it is used in weight loss interventions.
- Report the research results on the efficacy of meal replacements for weight loss and persons with type 2 diabetes.
- Suggest what to look for in an effective meal replacement.
- Outline how eating seasonally is healthier and can be accomplished year-round with some extra preparation.
- Recognize the risks of consuming partially hydrogenated oils, conventionally grown strawberries and too much red meat produced with growth hormones and antibiotics.