After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the overall purpose and key concepts and recommendations of the new ACSM Position Stand on quality and quantity of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults.
- List several health benefits to be gained from consistent participation in exercise.
- Outline key exercise recommendations for cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, flexibility and neuromotor fitness.
- Help clients connect with their “flow” state to achieve a unified consciousness.
- Know how and when to apply various mind-body techniques during clients’ training sessions.