This quiz explores how to target the transverse abdominis to help women recover from abdominal separation caused by pregnancy. Also included is a mind-body article that introduces creative exercise ideas for older adults with Alzheimer’s disease.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Describe the steps involved to correctly perform a transversus abdominis isometric.
- Design a core program to progress basic TA isometrics to more advanced exercises.
- Explain the prevalence, anatomy and management of diastasis recti.
- Understand demographic implications for instructors who wish to teach fitness to older adults with Alzheimer’s disease (AD).
- List nonpharmacological therapies available to older adults with AD.
- Describe the benefits of tapping into creativity when leading exercise classes for adults with AD.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November/December 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Healing Diastasis Recti, and Exercise for People with Alzheimer's ||Module|