If you work with middle-aged and older clients who have osteoarthritis and may need knee and hip replacements, it is important to understand how to work with these clients and their allied healthcare professionals. Learn what osteoarthritis is, what joint replacements entail and how you can help clients recover.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the overall incidence and cause of osteoarthritis.
- Discuss the preoperative workup for a patient with osteoarthritis and the indications for joint replacement.
- List pertinent anatomy of the hip and knee joints.
- Explain how the surgical approach influences postoperative precautions and restrictions.
- Explain how to progress exercise programs for postoperative joint replacements.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Navigating Knee and Hip Replacements ||Module|