With winter almost upon us, it is essential for fitness professionals to understand how to design exercises specific to skiers’ needs to keep their clients safe on the slopes. Learn what the important components are for creating an exercise program for skiers and get ideas on what types of exercises to incorporate into your workouts. Also included in this quiz, learn how exercise can improve long- and short-term memory. Find out how memories are created and what role exercise plays in their creation.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain and discuss the different types of memory.
- Discuss cardiovascular exercises to improve memory and delay dementia.
- Discuss the long-term effect of cardiovascular exercise on the hippocampus.
- Create exercise programs for downhill skiers.
- Identify the most common ski injuries, as well as factors contributing to them.
- Identify the muscles and attachments that are prime movers for downhill skiers.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Improving Memory Through Exercise, and Exercises for Skiers ||Module|