You may never get the chance to train the next top basketball or football star but that doesn’t mean you can’t train athletes. There are hundreds of thousands of 35-and-older adults who participate in specific recreational activities every year. In this quiz, you will learn how to design an exercise program for this group that will provide the greatest benefits. You will also find out how training these athletes can offer them numerous health benefits, including ones that affect the aging process.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify how human physiology changes during the aging process.
- Define the term athleticism.
- Describe common competitive sports for masters athletes (35 and older).
- Design an effective exercise program to help clients 35 and older reach their activity-specific goals.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Training the Masters Athlete ||Module|