If you are skipping out on sleep in order to train more, you may want to rethink your strategy. This quiz offers an in-depth look at how sleep affects athletic performance. After taking this course, you will have a better understanding of why sleep matters and how it affects the body. You will learn how sleep is an important component for all parts of life and can contribute to weight changes, sickness and physical abilities.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify the stages and cycles of healthy sleep and why it’s important for health, fitness and improved sports performance.
- Define what healthy sleep is and how many hours are needed for optimal health and fitness.
- Evaluate the risks of poor sleep and lack of sleep as it relates to obesity, unhealthy eating habits and diseases.
- Discuss the benefits of proper sleep for improved fitness, weight loss/management and sports performance.
- Apply the research showing that getting more sleep can improve sports performance.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Sleep for Improved Athletic Performance ||Module|