Americans are demanding more protein in all of their products, but do they really need it? Find out how much protein most people need in their diets, what risks and benefits are associated with too much or too little protein, and how to help your clients establish their protein needs. In this quiz, you will also find the latest nutrition research news, including whether consuming aloe is safe and whether you can substitute fruit intake with juice.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe the three characteristics that make protein unique among the macronutrients.
- List the amount of protein recommended based on a person’s activity level.
- Recognize and describe various proteins that are added to foods to enhance protein content.
- Discuss the key points of the International Society for Sports Nutrition position paper on protein.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Food and Nutrition News, and Protein Overconsumption ||Module|