This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including the secrets of muscle growth, the best exercise for Alzheimer’s disease and a new way to combat high blood pressure. Also included is an article that discusses how building concentration can improve performance and lead to behavioral changes that will help exercisers achieve their goals.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Identify the physical and psychological benefits that exercisers gain through intense concentration.
- Describe how to concentrate intensely on developing sound nutrition habits and enhanced exercise performance.
- Discuss how to employ motivational techniques such as an upbeat mindset, voluntary exercise and clear-cut goal-setting.
- Define “deliberate practice” and explain how it can improve performance and contribute to lasting behavioral changes.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2018 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Improving Performance Through Intense Concentration ||Module|