This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of mind-body topics, including yoga and heart health, how mindfulness impacts time perception, and music as a universal language. Also included is a research article about the factors that influence why people gain weight and how to help clients change their detrimental habits so they can shed pounds.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Describe food choices that influence weight gain.
- Explain the deleterious effects of sugar-sweetened and alcoholic beverages on weight gain.
- Discuss the effects of sleep deprivation, TV watching and physical inactivity on weight gain.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Mind-Body News, and What Makes People Gain Weight Over the Long Term ||Module|