After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the leading factors contributing to chronic disease in America and understand their relationship to the challenge of high healthcare costs.
- Explain why the workplace is an important venue for health promotion and disease prevention.
- Identify leading factors stimulating the growing demand for worksite wellness programs.
- Discuss the findings of evidence-based research for a positive return on investment (ROI) from comprehensive workplace wellness programs.
- Discuss how fitness professionals can prepare for a career in corporate wellness.