After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Understand the current state of exercise, health and performance genetics science and its potential influences on exercise programming.
- Understand the difference between genetic inheritance and epigenetic influences.
- Understand the role that diet and nutrition play in epigenetic influences.
- Develop an understanding of the genetic challenges that some individuals may face in their strength, conditioning and weight loss goals.
- Develop strategies to account for genetic variances among clients.