What’s new and noteworthy in the mind-body connection news? Learn how a mindful-based program helped people with multiple sclerosis improve their quality of life, depression and fatigue. Read about how Zen meditation reduces reactivity to pain, and mind-body therapies may help headaches, migraines, back pain and more. Can the simple ritual of taking a pill—even an inactive one—be enough to produce beneficial results in some people? Help your discouraged clients by drawing on five ideas from positive psychology to keep clients stay upbeat and motivated. Take the quiz and ask you clients what makes them happy.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Explain briefly how positive psychology differs in its field of study from the psychology practiced over the past 60 years.
- Define “flow” and understand how to facilitate its occurrence in training sessions.
- Discuss five ideas from positive psychology that can help trainers work with discouraged clients.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind Body Spirit News and Psychology and Discouraged Clients ||Module|