This quiz contains an article that reviews the brain’s capacity to change and adapt, and more specifically, how these concepts can be incorporated when training older clients. Also included is an article discussing the effectiveness of visualization as a tool for increasing mental toughness. This article explores not just how it works, but how to optimize the benefits of imagery.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Define neuroplasticity.
- Understand the five types of aging and say which one cannot be trained.
- Identify which sides of the brain perform certain functions.
- Understand how imagery works to enhance performance.
- Understand the different ways imagery can help you and your clients achieve results.
- Effectively implement imagery to enhance your performance and the performance of fitness enthusiasts.
|March 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Brain Neuroplasticity, and Using Visualization to Improve Mental Strength ||Module|