In this extensive course, you will learn the recent research and breakthroughs making news today in the field of food and nutrition. Discover the top five trends in health-related attitudes and behaviors in the United States. Also, learn to turn exercise into a game to help your clients become and stay motivated in their quest for fitness. Understand what motivates people and how their motivation style can be used to tailor a challenging but playful exercise experience. Such a fun and informative course!
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Learn and discuss the research and findings in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe the differences between the three key forms of motivation--controlled extrinsic, autonomous extrinsic and intrinsic--and understand their role in exercise adherence.
- Define challenge play and marry the concepts of play and exercise.
- Incorporate a variety of challenge play games in an exercise routine.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Nutrition News, and Exercise and Play ||Module|