This quiz discusses two studies that reinforce the benefits reaped by children who get plenty of exercise early in life. Also included is an article that explores how to help stroke survivors by tapping into the brain’s natural rewiring process.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain current physical activity guidelines and obesity statistics for youth.
- Explain and highlight the similarities of aerobic and resistance training and their effect on working memory and academic achievement in youth.
- Discuss the research findings on the effect of physical activity on weight management and stress reduction.
- Understand the types of stroke and their respective conditions.
- Describe the organization of a severe stroke survivor’s daily training session.
- Identify the process the brain uses to rewire its neural pathways.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Benefits of Exercise for Children, and Helping Stroke Survivors ||Module|