This quiz discusses the latest news and research on a variety of food and nutrition topics, including how the cholesterol in eggs affect heart health, how the sounds of eating impact the amount of food we consume, and the link between fiber consumption and breast cancer prevention. It also contains an article that explores whether capsaicin, the ingredient that generates heat in chili pepper-based spicy foods, can help curb appetite or promote weight loss.
After reading these articles you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought news section.
- Define what capsaicin is and where it derives from.
- Describe the role of capsaicin in satiety and potential calorie reduction.
- Summarize why personal taste may be a factor in the effects of capsaicin described in the study.
Note to quiz-takers: Questions on Food for Thought and the Nutrition column are intermingled and appear in random order.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Food and Nutrition News, and Capsaicin to Promote Satiety ||Module|