How do top athletes and fitness professionals overcome the mental barriers that keep most others from achieving amazing goals? This article explores the psychology of mental toughness, including motivation, confidence and concentration, which can be developed to help increase peak performance. Featured tips include strategies for overcoming fear, how to build confidence with positive thinking, and how to use both association and dissociation to boost concentration.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Overpower your fears and make room for high levels of motivation.
- Develop unshakable confidence no matter what the day brings.
- Understand what styles of concentration are optimal for different methods of training.
- Know the quickest way to gain emotional and physiological control.
- Know how to produce consistent results with all of the uncontrollable factors inherent in sport and physical activity.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Mindset Tools for Achieving Results ||Module|