After reading this article, readers should be able to:
- Explain to clients the positive and negative associations between sexual health, functioning and exercise.
- Discuss the research findings for the links between diabetes, obesity, urinary incontinence, several types of cancer, cardiovascular disease, erectile dysfunction and exercise.
- Determine some of the life-threatening risk factors that can be predicted by erectile dysfunction.
- More fully understand the sexually related medical and social risks that obese people face.
- Explain to clients that age is not a determining factor in sexual functioning.