After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss and explain the components of total 24-hour energy expenditure.
- Clarify how much resting metabolic rate (RMR) will increase from long-term participation in aerobic exercise and resistance training programs and address various factors that influence RMR.
- Identify the most effective RMR prediction equation and be able to calculate RMR for clients.
- Differentiate between maximum heart rate and low-threshold (T1) and high-threshold (T2) heart rates as anchors for training zones based on individual responses to exercise intensity.
- Identify the benefits of each of the five heart rate zones.