This quiz focuses on recognizing fact from fiction when reviewing health and fitness news on the Internet. It’s easier than ever to spread bogus health information online, find out how to help your clients navigate the minefield of misinformation that abounds.
After reading the article, you should be able to:
- Explain why fitness pros must be cautious about the health information they consume online and share with their clients.
- Discuss reasons why it’s harder than ever for internet users to distinguish between legitimate and misleading content.
- Define critical thinking, and name two important questions that can stimulate critical thinking.
- Show how social media plays a role in spreading dubious or misleading health claims.
- Explain the trajectory of evaluating evidence online, from first seeing a health headline to investigating articles promoting the claim to analyzing research associated with the claim.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July/August 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Separating Fact From Fiction in Health News ||Module|