This quiz contains a feature article that explores the detrimental effects of weight bias within the fitness community. Fitness pros can lead the charge against body-driven bias, but in order to do so, they need to recalibrate their beliefs about obesity.
After reading this article you should be able to:
- Define weight stigma.
- Identify your own weight biases and find several strategies to overcome weight bias.
- List several physical and mental health consequences from experiencing weight bias.
- Describe the complex causes of obesity.
- List steps fitness professionals can take to sensitively support physical activity in people affected by obesity.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2016 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: End the Cycle of Weight Bias ||Module|