Obesity is not an infectious pathogen that one can catch, but sociological, cultural and ethnic factors can greatly influence people’s lifestyle and behavior. In this quiz you will learn about the complex interplay of components that contribute to the obesity epidemic. Also included in this quiz are strategies for making a difference in combating obesity.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Understand why obesity is described as a disease.
- Explain how gender, ethnicity and location influence obesity trends.
- Describe how economic status affects the availability and cost of nutritious foods.
- Understand how family and friends influence food choices and amounts consumed.
- See the links among portion sizes, fast-food lifestyles and obesity.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Contagiousness of Obesity ||Module|