If you are not currently marketing to obese individuals, you are missing out on an untapped market that desperately needs your services. In this quiz you will learn how marketing your business to plus-sized customers can increase your bottom line. Find out how to successfully reach and accommodate heavier people through compassion and understanding.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain the psychological and physical barriers a fuller-figured client is likely to experience when exercising at a typical fitness business.
- Define “overweight” and “obesity,” and note their risks and prevalence in the United States.
- Identify why most typical fitness marketing does not attract obese individuals.
- Describe the types of fitness-related images and messages that most effectively appeal to a plus-size market.
- List practical ways to make a fitness environment more accommodating and inviting for overweight members.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Catering to Obese Clientele ||Module|