Did you know that men and women utilize substrates differently during exercise? Learn how women’s bodies fuel themselves during a workout and how hormones can affect this usage. This inclusive course will help you better understand the female body, including how the reproductive system and metabolism are intertwined, and the changes that ensue throughout a woman’s life that affect exercise.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of hormones in cell function.
- Define and explain the role of ovarian hormones.
- Discuss hormonal influences on energy regulation, carbohydrate metabolism and fat metabolism in women.
- Discuss the menstrual cycle and menopause, and explain how they are related to energy metabolism and health.
- Discuss appropriate exercise interventions for women, based on an understanding of the ovarian hormones’ effect on exercise.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Women's Hormones and Exercise ||Module|