After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the claimed increase in yoga-related injuries in relationship to the increase in the number of yoga participants overall.
- Describe what experts think are some of the contributing factors to yoga-related injuries.
- List specific tips for improving the safety of yoga asana practice.
- Describe proactive steps that yoga instructors can take to enhance their students’ well-being during classes.
- Identify key principles from yoga philosophy--as outlined in the yamas and niyamas--that, if applied to asana practice, can reduce the risks of injuries.