This continuing education quiz tells you how starting small with exercise can still improve your quality of life. Get the most up-to-date studies on heart health and learn that as little as 10 minutes per day of physical activity can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease as you age. Do you know how many adults in America live a sedentary lifestyle? Learn how to break up long periods of sitting with short bursts of exercise and how less than 30 minutes of “green exercise” can improve mood and self-esteem. Find out about the mind-body benefits of living an active lifestyle. Do short exercise sessions have the same benefits on your blood pressure as sessions over 30 minutes? Discover how exercising can actually strengthen self-control and lead to a happier, healthier life.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Understand standard industry guidelines for physical activity and how to improve physical health and lose weight.
- List the cardiovascular and metabolic benefits of short doses of physical activity.
- Know the most effective dose of exercise for improving mood and self-esteem.
- Describe the dose-response relationship between physical activity and improvements in depression.
- Understand the observed relationship between weight loss and positive changes to physical and mental health from small doses of physical activity.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Short-Burst Exercise ||Module|