This feature article discusses the rapidly changing area of fitness technology, and how fitness professionals can use it to inspire and motivate clients. The article addresses important questions about fit tech, such as: How is the influx of wearables and apps reshaping the exercise experience? Should fitness pros be poking around in clients’ personal data? With so many fit tech choices, where does one begin? Is fit tech a motivator or a distractor?
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Describe the major issues and concerns fitness pros might encounter as a result of today’s fitness technology trend.
- Identify the latest statistics on usage rates of activity trackers and health and fitness mobile apps.
- Discuss potential explanations for why research shows abandonment rates are fairly high for activity trackers.
- Describe the major considerations for ensuring that access to clients’ personal data collected from fitness technology is managed respectfully and appropriately.
- Name strategies for adapting to the large number of choices and incompatibility concerns that currently exist in the fitness technology space.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: The Pros and Cons of Fitness Technology ||Module|