This quiz includes an article that discusses how bias negatively affects the well-being of older people, and explores how the fitness industry can take on ageism. Also included is an article that explains how yoga may help menopausal women who are seeking symptom relief and better quality of life.
After reading these articles you should be able to:
- Define ageism and recognize the many forms it takes in contemporary society.
- Identify ageist language, thoughts and actions.
- Suggest ways fitness professionals can combat ageism.
- Provide a definition of the menopausal transition.
- Describe symptoms of the menopausal transition and early postmenopause.
- Discuss the benefits of yoga for alleviating symptoms associated with the menopausal transition and early postmenopause.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|January 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Fitness Professionals and Ageism, and Yoga and Menopause ||Module|