This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of health and fitness topics, including preventing childhood obesity, mind-body practices for pain management, the effectiveness of wearable activity trackers and how physician consultations can help reduce obesity. Also included is a research article that takes a look at how training to failure is crucial to building bigger muscles.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Describe skeletal muscle hypertrophy and factors that affect its adaptation.
- Discuss the best programs for enhancing skeletal muscle hypertrophy.
- Define and explain the role of satellite cells and myonuclear domain in changes of hypertrophy.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|January 2017 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Skeletal Muscular Hypertrophy ||Module|