Can being mindful affect the body’s stress response? Is Pilates a solution for lower- back pain? Do older adults who laugh more have better memories? What is a gentle exercise for people with multiple sclerosis? Can chronic pain be controlled effectively with mind-training techniques? Find the answers to these questions and more in this mind-body-spirit focused quiz.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit news section.
- Explain how people create mental bad habits in the presence of chronic pain.
- Discuss how these mental bad habits can negatively affect the body and make chronic pain worse.
- Describe both mental and physical strategies that you can implement into client programs to alleviate the experience of chronic pain.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|January 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Mind-Body News, and Breaking Mental Habits to Combat Pain ||Module|