In this course, you will get a glimpse at what scientists, doctors, business innovators and exercise professionals are saying about our future, the evolution of health care, and how it will affect our industry in the coming decades. Understand the monetary and physical costs of the current U.S. healthcare system and how it needs to shift its focus from treating diseases to detecting them early or preventing them. Discover the potential for health coaching in the fitness industry. This course will give you a front-row seat for this game-changing trend.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Define personalized medicine, and describe how it will change healthcare delivery and how fitness professionals can participate in that change.
- Define epigenetics, and understand how environmental exposures, including exercise, can alter gene expression in future generations.
- Analyze the effects of new technologies, such as mobile devices and the Internet, on the future of health and wellness, and explain the opportunities these technologies create for fitness professionals.
- Understand the monetary and physical costs of the current U.S. healthcare system and how it needs to shift its focus from treating diseases to detecting them early or preventing them.
- See the potential of health coaching in the fitness industry.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|January 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Game Changers ||Module|