After reading this article, readers should be able to:
- Distinguish between clinical and public health.
- Discuss how state and local public health programs are promoting physical activity in schools, worksites and community venues.
- Name at least three ways that fitness professionals can contribute to public health efforts.
- Explain how successful public health programs can have a positive financial impact on the fitness industry.
- Identify ways fitness professionals can learn about public health partnerships and programs in their communities.