Running has a unique combination of benefits that can help people control their weight and fend off chronic health problems, but it can also be hard on the body and lead to injuries. This quiz will address some of the more common running injuries, how to treat them and how to prevent them. Also included in this quiz, learn about healthy habits from around the globe. Find tips on foods to include in your diet, where to shop and mentalities to adopt.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- List common running injuries and discuss how they affect certain parts of the body.
- Explain training factors that lead to running injuries.
- Recognize common running injuries and suggest prevention strategies.
- Understand the dietary shortcomings in the typical American diet.
- Identify which eating habits from four different cultures can be implemented to improve one’s diet.
- Identify “functional” foods--from different cultures--that can contribute to improved health.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Preventing Running Injuries, and Healthy Food Habits From Around the World ||Module|