Plyometrics are an incredible tool for developing speed, strength and power. They can be exciting, fun, dynamic, high metabolic drills with massive caloric expenditure. But they are often misused in current training programs and come with risk of injury. This workshop will teach you simple, replicable readiness assessments that prepare your clients to safely succeed in plyometric drills. You'll also learn the A to Zs of drill intensity, regressions and progressions to meet clients where they are at, and the most effective cues to guide their actions.
- Differentiate between plyomtrics and jump training.
- Demonstrate plyometrics readiness assessments to screen participants.
- Identify whichmovement abilities to teach in dynamic warm ups before a plyometric workout.
- Implement exercise regressions in a way that makes drills kinder on the body yet still improves and advances the client.
- Calculate the work-to-rest ratios that develop quickness, power and fitness.
- Implement a checklist of coaching cues used to orchestrate movement strategies.
|How To Safely Introduce Plyometrics Into Your Clients Routine ||Module|
About the Author
Peter Twist, MSc IDEA Author/Presenter
Peter Twist, MSc, is the president and CEO of Twist Conditioning, Inc. He is an exercise physiologist with a specialization in coaching science. Having coached in the NHL for 11 years, Peter has worked with over 700 professional athletes. Peter received the National Strength and Conditioning Association's 1998 President's Award and the Can-Fit-Pro 2003 Specialty Presenter of the Year award.
... read more.